LiftMaster® Model 8550 Belt Drive Garage Opener
Starting at $459 installed
* 7' high door
Take convenience and safety to a whole new level with the LiftMaster® 8550. The reliable, integrated Battery Backup System guarantees access in and out of your garage, even when the power is out. The safety and security features will continue to operate as well, ensuring your family is protected in a power failure. The opener is also equipped with built-in MyQ™ technology, enabling you to close your garage door or turn lights on or off using a smartphone or computer – from anywhere in the world. And because it features soft start and slow stop to reduce noise when it operates, it is perfect for homes with a room above the garage.
- Equipped with MyQ™ technology that lets you monitor and control your garage door and house lights remotely by using a computer or smartphone (LiftMaster Internet Gateway™ accessory required).
- Timer-to-Close feature allows the door to automatically close after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Auto-force feature constantly monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height, and door track movement.
- The Smart Garage Door Opener® lets you electronically program security codes from the Multi-Function Control Panel or the powerhead.
- A 6-foot power cord makes connecting to a power source easier than ever.
- Whole-garage lighting with adjustable light time delay; compatible with CFL bulbs.
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- HOMELINK® compatible with QuickTrain™ technology.
- Meets all UL325 requirements.
Safety & Security Features
- The Protector System® safety sensors project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the garage door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- Opener light turns on automatically when The Protector System's infared beam is broken.
- Security+® rolling code technology assures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Patented PosiLock® system ensures the door remains securely locked when the garage door is closed.
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings that the garage door is about to close when using the Timer-to-Close or remote closing features.
- Manual release handle in case of power fail.
- Lifetime motor and belt warranty
- 5-year parts warranty
- 1-year warranty on Battery Backup Battery
895MAX - 3-Button Premium Remote Control
Light the way with our 3-button premium remote control. Bright blue LED buttons make night operation easy, and with our MyQ™ enabled light accessories you can turn on house lights right from your car.
880LM - Smart Control Panel
Take complete control of your garage with our Smart Control Panel®. Its intuitive menu-driven panel that lets you easily program remote controls, adjust settings, and even get system diagnostics.
LiftMaster® Model 8355 Belt Drive Garage Opener
Starting at $409 installed
* 7' high door
Smart Control. MyQ® technology allows you to open, close and monitor your garage door and house lights via smartphone, tablet or computer from anywhere, any time. (LiftMaster® Internet Gateway required; sold separately.)
Security with Every Click. Security+ 2.0™ rolling code technology keeps you safe ensuring a new code is sent to the garage door opener every time the remote control is used, making it virtually impossible for someone to intercept your code.
Quiet Operation. The belt drive and Motor Vibration Isolation systems offer the ultimate in quiet and smooth operation. Ideal for homes with a living space above or next to the garage.
Energy-Efficient. Operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
We've taken your home security and safety a step further.
Electronic Security. PosiLock® system electronically secures a closed garage door and monitors against a forced opening. If a forced opening is detected, it automatically reactivates the opener to the closed position.
Safety Sensors. Protector System® safety sensors keep you and your family safe by projecting an invisible light beam across the garage door opening; automatically reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.
Warning System. Alert-2-Close provides UL-compliant audible and visual warnings that the garage door is about to close when using MyQ® technology.
Lifetime motor and belt warranty plus 1-year parts warranty
To reduce the risk of injury to persons – When the LiftMaster Internet Gateway is used with garage door openers, the operator must be installed with sectional doors.